It’s fall, so it’s time to SPICE things up — pumpkin-style! Check out these pumpkin-licious recipes.
Pumpkin Pickled Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1. Add salt and pepper to 4 chicken breasts to taste.
2. Mix together cayenne pepper, ground ginger, nutmeg, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, smoked paprika, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and honey.
3. Toss in your chicken, and let marinate overnight.
4. Once that’s marinated, roast under broiler for 7 minutes on each side.
5. Bake it at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, then enjoy.
Pumpkin Pie Apples
2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup pumpkin pure graham cracker crumbs
4 1/2 tablespoons evaporated milk
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Start by mixing pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Whisk in 1 egg, and spoon the mixture into 4 hollowed out apples like I have here.
3. Place apples in baking pan and bake 20-25 minutes until the filling firms up and the apples are soft.
4. Let them cool down and then just sprinkle with some graham cracker crumbs.