Want to whip up the yummy Cheese Ravioli with Pesto dish Adrienne and Arleene made on the show? Get the step-by-step instructions below, courtesy of Chef Alex Reyes from the Saute Culinary Academy.
1 carton Ricotta cheese
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
1/4 bunch fresh Italian parsley
1/2 cup pine nuts
5 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
• Add basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the cup of a blender or food processor.
• Blend until the ingredients are combined, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
• Continue blending and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until completely incorporated.
• Stir in a pinch of salt and paper, and red chili flakes if using.
• Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.