Before you pop on those Jimmy Choos and your little black dress, there a few helpful things you should do to keep your food intake in check at holiday parties and events.
1. Drink a bottle of water on the way over. This will fill your tummy and you'll be less likely to overeat.
2. Choose a smaller plate for your food -- it holds less, and don't go back for seconds.
3. Don't drink your calories... skip the sodas and fruit juices. Allow yourself one small glass of red wine and stop there. There are tons of calories, carbs and sugar in alcoholic beverages.
4. Only one dessert -- you mustn't sample every dessert. Fill your plate with only fresh fruits and veggies and grilled meats. Avoid breaded items, fried foods, heavy sauces and gravies. Then, dance the night away -- a great way to burn off extra calories.
5. Exercise daily: Even during the holidays, it is very important to exercise daily or as often as possible so you don't get too far off track. Pack your jump rope and resistance band and use them in your hotel or at Grandma's house. Jump rope for 15-20 minutes per day or longer if you can.
Chaunda is the owner of The Bella Fitness Group in Lawrenceville, GA. She has lost over 115 pounds and is now a passionate Fitness Advocate, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a professional singer. Visit her on the web at bellafitnessgroup.com.