Even though you might be doing some traveling this Christmas, it doesn't mean that you can't exercise. Here are some quick exercise tips to help ensure you get those calories burned off!
- Upon arrival at your hotel, find the stairs. Run or walk the stairs with intensity every day in lieu of taking the elevator. Use the staircase to do push-ups and tricep dips.
- Pack your things in a backpack and use it as a weight. Put it on while you do squats, lunges, dips and push-ups. Curl it for bicep curls. Row it for upright or single arm rows. It's an awesome tool, and you didn't have to buy any equipment!
- Find a local park, and walk, jog, or sprint the trail. Use the hotel gym often, take a few laps in the pool. Run the beach. Explore the city on foot.
- Hotel eating tips: Request a refrigerator in your hotel room to store all the healthy foods you've brought along.
- A George Foreman grill packs easily and is convenient to grill up chicken and fish at the hotel.
- Stock lots of bottled water in your room.
- Skip the hotel's continental breakfast option and make your own protein shake in your room or have a bowl of oatmeal with nuts and blueberries.
Now that you know better, I expect you to do better this holiday season! If you can make it to 2016 without gaining a pound, consider yourself a holiday survivor! Enjoy the blessings of the season and take good care of yourselves.
Chaunda is the owner of The Bella Fitness Group in Lawrenceville, GA. She has lost over 115 pounds and is now a passionate Fitness Advocate, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a professional singer. Visit her on the web at bellafitnessgroup.com.