Every day is a good day for some slow cookin’! Try these easy meals made in a crock pot!
Slow Cooker Short Ribs
4 lbs 3" long beef short ribs
2 cups dry red wine
2 cups diced tomatoes (canned in juice is fine)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions & carrots
6 garlic cloves, peeled
5 cups beef broth
Parsley (for garnish)
1. Sprinkle seasoning salt, and pepper onto the ribs.
2. Place ribs in an even layer in the crock pot.
3. Add the remaining ingredients on top.
4. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
Fiesta Filled Peppers
6 bell peppers (any colors), tops removed and seeded
1 pound lean ground turkey meat, uncooked
1 cup cooked wild rice
2 cups salsa
1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium taco seasoning mix
1 pinch chili powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup vegetable broth
1. Cut off the tops of your peppers and remove the seeds and core from the peppers. Keep the tops – you’ll need them while cooking.
2. Mix all ingredients except peppers and broth until well-mixed. Then, stuff this into the peppers.
3. Place the peppers standing up in the slow cooker and put their tops back on.
4. Pour the vegetable broth on the base of the peppers, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (If they need to be ready sooner, cook on high for 3-4 hours.)
5. Top with some Greek yogurt and cilantro if you’d like. Then, enjoy!