These Express Meals require just 10 ingredients or less, so we’re hitting the express lane for dinner! Check out the recipe below.
CHICKPEAS & KALE CHICKEN
2 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
1 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1 tbsp. EVOO, plus more for drizzling
2 cans (15 oz. each) chickpeas, rinsed
1/3 cup vegetable stock
2 tsp. lemon zest and 3 tbsp. juice (from 1 small lemon)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 large bunch curly-leaf kale, stemmed and chopped
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, mix 1 tsp. coriander, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper; rub all over chicken.
• In an ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium. Cook the chicken, skin side down, until browned. About 9 minutes.
• Turn and cook 8 mins. more, then transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 2 tbsp. fat from skillet.
• Using the same skillet, cook the chickpeas, stock, lemon juice, garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp. coriander over medium, stirring for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Nestle the chicken, skin side up, in the chickpeas. Roast until juices run clear when poked with a knife, about 8 minutes.
• Transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the kale into the chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Return the chicken to the skillet and drizzle with EVOO and zest.