We’re turning up for #MeatlessMonday! The ladies of “The Real” demonstrate how you can make meatless meals, and now it’s your turn to try them at home!
BEAN AND VEGGIE ENCHILADAS
10 large corn or flour tortillas
1 cup corn, fresh or thawed frozen
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 cans of 15 oz black beans
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
Cheddar style shredded cheese (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Pour oil into large skillet and sauté the bell peppers, onions, corn, and zucchini until softened, for approximately 5 minutes.
• Add the spices, black beans and salt and pepper.
• Grease a 9x13 pan with oil.
• Lay each tortilla on a flat surface and fill with 1/2 to 2/3 cups of the bean mixture, depending on the size of your tortilla.
• Sprinkle with a 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese (optional).
• Roll tightly and place in the previously grease pan.
• Repeat with remaining tortillas and place them side by side.
• Pour sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with more cheese if wanted.
• Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
• Serve with sour cream and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.