Want to know what happens you combine hydrogen peroxide with a catalyst like yeast? It’s an experiment called Elephant Toothpaste, and you can try it at home just like the ladies of “The Real”! Disclaimer: minors should not try this at home unless accompanied by parent or guardian and with proper safety equipment.
For detailed instructions, visit our science friends at Imagination Station here!
What you’ll need:
12 oz plastic bottle
hydrogen peroxide (3%)
1. Prepare yeast solution by adding dry yeast to warm water and wait a few minutes until it becomes frothy.
2. Pour 2 inches of hydrogen peroxide (3%) into the bottle.
3. Place bottle on baking sheet.
4. Squeeze in a good squirt of dish soap.
5. Pour in yeast solution (3 tablespoons).