When you're trying to lose or maintain weight, meal prepping and planning is one of the best things you can do to organize and prepare for timed meals throughout the day. Meal prepping helps because nutrition is 80 percent of the way your body looks, feels and performs. No matter how hard you exercise, you can't out-train or out-exercise a poor diet! Here are some tips for streamlining the meal prep process:
1. Meal prepping is a great way to save, money because you won't waste money eating out every day.
2. Choose two days a week to meal prep -- maybe Sundays and Wednesdays -- and designate enough time to prep at least 4 days worth of meals.
3. Stock up on inexpensive Tupperware to use to pack each meal.
4. Batch cook everything needed to prepare 4-6 healthy meals each day.
5. Shop for groceries the day before your meal prep days.
6. Always shop with a list and never shop on an empty stomach. (You purchase more unhealthy foods when you're hungry.)
7. Keep it simple. Healthy food is not complicated. Protein, healthy fats, green/colorful veggies, protein and fruit based snacks and whole grains.
8. Use a crock pot or George Foreman grill to prepare your meats.