Don’t you hate when your bread goes stale and you have to toss it? We’re sharing new uses for old, stale bread in a segment we like to call “Stalemate”! Say hello to Cheesy Spinach Strata! Get the recipe, below.
Cheesy Spinach Strata
1 package frozen spinach
4 cups stale bread of choice
1/4 cup Gruyere cheese
1/8 cup Parmesan
2 cups milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sautee one package of frozen spinach in butter.
3. Then toss the spinach with 4 cups of stale bread cut or torn into 1-inch squares, 1/4 cup gruyere cheese and 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese.
4. Add the mixture to a buttered baking dish. Then, mix 4 eggs and 2 cups of milk, and pour that over the bread mixture.
5. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes before baking, so the bread can absorb some of the egg.
6. Then bake for 45 minutes or until puffy and brown.