Tia Mowry-Hardrict teaches us how to make her summer berry crisp! Check out the step-by-step instructions below to try this recipe at home.
6 cups berries
2 cups sugar
2 tbsps. cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3⁄4 cup flour
3⁄4 cup oats
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp butter + extra butter for skillet
• Combine assorted berries, sugar, cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the juice from half of lemon in a large bowl.
• Mix until all the berries are coated, then set aside. • Just combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining salt in a medium bowl, then whisk that all together. • To make the topping stick together, work 6 tablespoons butter into the flour mixture with your hands, pressing the butter and flour mixture between your fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
• Assemble by pouring the berry mixture into a greased 10-inch cast iron skillet.
• Then, evenly sprinkle the topping mixture over the berries.
• Bake at 400 degrees until the topping is golden brown and the berry mixture is bubbling, which takes about 30 minutes.