Nothing says “summer” like the smell of food on a grill! That’s why we’re inviting you to our backyard to grill up some tasty, summer-licious BBQ Bites! Get the yummy recipe below!
BACON BBQ CHICKEN KEBABS
1 jar of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/4 cup bourbon
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
7 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
• Preheat the grill to medium-high.
• In a small bowl, mix the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Next combine, the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Mix until completely blended.
• Place the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl and coat with the bacon paste. Next put the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they're wooden).
• Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side until the chicken is golden brown and thoroughly cooked inside.
• Next, cover the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and continue to grill for an extra minute.
• Serve with remaining BBQ sauce and enjoy.