Nothing says “summer” like the smell of food on a grill! That’s why we’re inviting you to our backyard to grill up some tasty, summer-licious BBQ Bites! Get all the yummy recipes below!
Bacon BBQ Chicken Kebabs
1 jar of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/4 cup bourbon
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
7 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, mix the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Next combine, the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Mix until completely blended.
- Place the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl and coat with the bacon paste. Next put the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they're wooden).
- Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side until the chicken is golden brown and thoroughly cooked inside.
- Next, cover the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and continue to grill for an extra minute.
- Serve with remaining BBQ sauce and enjoy.
Cheddar Bacon Potatoes
2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, washed and sliced into thin slices
1 onion, sliced
3 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
7 strips of thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 3/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup BBQ sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to a medium high and grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch foil baking pan.
- Layer the ingredients, potatoes, onion, garlic and crumbled bacon, in greased baking pan. (I did this in 2 layers.) Sprinkle cheese and pour BBQ sauce on top.
- Cook for about until the potatoes are soft to touch. (If your potatoes are starting to turn brown, cover with tin foil.) Every grill is different, so pay close attention.