Stay cool this summer with these meals that don’t involve an oven or stovetop!
Chicken-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
3 medium tomatoes
3 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cut a thin slice off top of each tomato, and scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/2-inch shell.
- Tip over each tomato onto a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine and stir the chicken, carrots, onions, mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
- Spoon mixture into tomatoes, sprinkle with walnuts.
Roast Beef Summer Rolls
1 large garlic clove, smashed
1 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped mint
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
1/2 lb. of deli roast beef, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2-inch strips
24 (6-inch) round rice paper wrappers, plus more in case of breakage
- Pound together garlic cloves, brown sugar and green curry paste.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce and 3 tablespoons of water. Then stir in half of the cilantro and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the green curry dipping sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix coleslaw with the roast beef and the leftover cilantro and mint.
- Fill a pie plate with warm water. Dip 2 or 3 rice paper wrappers in the water, then set them on a flat surface to soften. Wait for about 1 minute.
- Spread a teaspoon of the curry mayonnaise on the bottom third of each wrapper and top with 3 tablespoons of the roast beef filling.
- Roll the wrappers into tight cylinders, making sure to tuck the sides as you go.
- Place the rolls on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet and repeat until done.
- Just before serving, cut each roll in half and serve with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!