Try this recipe that is perfectly portioned and won’t leave you with leftovers.
PERFECT PORTION POT PIE
1 package puff pastry
1 celery stalk
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup raw spinach
1 egg, lightly beaten
• Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. Then take one thawed package of frozen puff pastry, roll it out, and make a circle that’s about half an inch bigger than an ovenproof dish.
• Use a slightly larger bowl and cut around it. Then, cut some vents into it for when your pie bakes.
• Over medium heat, melt a little butter and add 1 small diced onion, 1 small chopped carrot, 1 small thinly chopped celery stalk and one small diced potato.
• Once that’s cooked and soft, stir in 2 tablespoons flour, 1 and 1/4 cup chicken broth and bring to a boil.
• When it’s boiling, add 1 cup shredded cooked chicken and 1 cup chopped raw spinach leaves. Let that simmer for a couple of minutes until thickened.
• Then season with salt and pepper, and add to your dish.
• Next, pop open the pastry circle on top and press the edges to seal it down.
• Finally, brush the top with one lightly beaten egg and bake for 25 minutes.