Learn how to make Ayesha Curry’s finger-licking good Brown Sugar Chicken!
Ayesha Curry’s Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe
4 Chicken Quarters
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped shallots
3 cloves chopped garlic
3/4 cup chicken stock/broth
1 cup low sodium soy
2 cups brown sugar
1 heaping tbsp freshly chopped ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat a dutch pot on med high to high heat with your butter and olive oil.
3. Generously salt and pepper your chicken quarters. Brown the skin of your chicken in the pot for about 2 mins on each side until it’s crisp and golden brown.
4. Remove the chicken quarters and reduce the heat to medium. Add in the shallots and garlic.
5. Deglaze the pot with the chicken stock. Scrape down all of the sides to make sure you get all of the delicious seasonings and flavors into the broth.
6. Add in the soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger. Simmer the sauce for about 5-10 mins.
7. Add the chicken quarters back into the pot, place the lid on and bake for 45min to an hour.
8. The chicken will be flavorful and falling off the bone. Enjoy!