When you’re trying to get snatched for the beach, you don’t have to sacrifice taste! Check out these delish recipes that are perfect for summer, and tag us using #RealRecipes when you whip one up!
WATERMELON COCONUT FIZZ
Watermelon is all over Instagram this summer, and for good reason! Check out this fizzy drink for guilt-free sipping.
• Blend watermelon chunks, then pour through a strainer so just the juice goes into a glass
• Add ice to the watermelon juice
• Add coconut water, seltzer water, and lime juice to taste
• Stir gently and serve
TACO TURKEY SLIDERS
Tired of those high-cal burgers? Amp up your basic burger with a healthy twist! Turkey Taco Sliders, here we come!
6 mini wheat buns
3 tablespoons butter
1 pound ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
6 slices cheddar cheese
Guacamole, salsa, lettuce
• Combine turkey meat and taco seasoning, mixing together to spread throughout
• Roll the turkey into 6 small balls and flatten into patties
• Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add the patties to cook, flip halfway through and cook to your liking
• About 2 minutes before taking off of the heat, add a piece of cheese to the patty and let it melt
• Build burger using your favorite taco ingredients, and enjoy!
RADICAL CHERRY SALAD
Take advantage of cherry season with this easy, extra-healthy salad!
2 red onions chopped into wedges
3 bunches radishes
1 1/2 cup arugula
3/4 cup cherries
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
• Preheat your grill on high
• Combine onions, radishes, and oil in a large mixing bowl
• Season with salt and pepper to taste
• Grill your vegetables for about 7 minutes or until tender
• When your veggies are grilled to your liking, place in a bowl and add arugula and cherries