Just 'cause you’ve been workin’ on your bikini bod, it doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in some bacon! Check out these perfect-for-eating-after-being-at-the-beach baconcentric recipes!
BLEU CHEESE, BACON INFUSION BURGER
2 pounds lean ground turkey
1 cup bleu cheese crumbles
1 cup real bacon pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Hamburger buns, toasted
Toppings for burgers
• Season ground turkey to your liking.
• Shape turkey into patties.
• Spoon out a piece of meat from the center of the patty.
• Combine the blue cheese and bacon and place it inside of the patty.
• Top the spooned-out meat onto the patty and press edges firmly to seal.
• Cook burgers in a grill pan for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
• Serve burgers on buns with toppings of your choice.
BACON BBQ CHICKEN KEBABS
1 jar of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/4 cup bourbon
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
7 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
• Preheat the grill to medium-high.
• In a small bowl, mix the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Next combine, the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Mix until completely blended.
• Place the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl and coat with the bacon paste. Next put the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they're wooden).
• Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side until the chicken is golden brown and thoroughly cooked inside.
• Next, cover the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and continue to grill for an extra minute.
• Serve with remaining BBQ sauce and enjoy.
BBQ BACON BEANS
1 large container of store-bought baked beans
1 small can of pinto beans
1 can of cannellini beans
1/4 cup ketchup
1 table spoon of mustard
1 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 cup of crumbled bacon
• Preheat your oven to 350F.
• Grab a container of your favorite store-bought baked beans and pour them into a baking dish.
• Add ketchup, a little mustard and barbecue sauce to your liking and stir.
• Cover the dish with chopped bacon that’s partially cooked and bake for 45 mins.