Take advantage of apple season with these awesome drinks! Check out the recipes below for the Caramel Apple Cocktail and Apple Cider Ginger Punch, which can also be made as mocktails!
CARAMEL APPLE COCKTAIL
2 ounces apple juice
2 ounces caramel vodka
1 ounce butterscotch liqueur
apple slices for garnish
TO MAKE MOCKTAIL: use butterscotch syrup, ¾ ounce, instead of butterscotch liqueur, and omit vodka.
• Place caramel sauce in a flat-bottomed, shallow bowl. Dip the rim of a cocktail glass in caramel sauce and then in turbinado sugar. Set aside.
• Place apple juice, caramel vodka, and butterscotch liqueur in a cocktail shaker filled 2/3 with ice. Shake until cold (about 20 seconds). Strain the cocktail into the cocktail glass. Garnish with a fresh apple slice on the side of the glass and serve (Image 1).
Note: For a warm cocktail: heat the apple juice to a simmer. Place the caramel vodka and butterscotch liqueur in the prepared glass. Pour the hot apple juice in the glass and garnish with a fresh apple slice to serve.
APPLE CIDER GINGER PUNCH
½ cup fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ cups apple cider
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2/3 cup chilled ginger beer
3 1/2 ounces gin if desired
TO MAKE MOCKTAIL: skip the ginger beer and gin.
• Muddle cranberries with sugar in a pitcher.
• Add apple cider, ginger beer, lemon juice, and gin if desired
• Divide among four glasses
• Serve chilled over ice