Looking for some delicious vegetarian recipes? Check out these three meals you can cook up for Meatless Monday!
DOUBLE DOSE SQUASH LASAGNA
1 spaghetti squash
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 can meat sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• Start by taking 1 spaghetti squash, cut it in half and remove the seeds.
• Brush the inside of the squash with olive oil, and season with some kosher salt and pepper.
• Bake with the skin side up at 400 degrees until tender, for about 30 minutes.
• Once they’re done baking, use a fork to fluff the inside of the squash so it starts to look like noodles.
• Then between the 2 halves, split 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, pour 1 can of meat sauce, and add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top.
• Put in the broiler for 3 minutes until the cheese is golden and gooey. (The best part is: there's no bowl to clean!) Serve and enjoy!
BEAN AND VEGGIE ENCHILADAS
10 large corn or flour tortillas
1 cup corn, fresh or thawed frozen
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 cans of 15 oz black beans
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
Cheddar style shredded cheese (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Pour oil into large skillet and sauté the bell peppers, onions, corn, and zucchini until softened, for approximately 5 minutes.
• Add the spices, black beans and salt and pepper.
• Grease a 9x13 pan with oil.
• Lay each tortilla on a flat surface and fill with 1/2 to 2/3 cups of the bean mixture, depending on the size of your tortilla.
• Sprinkle with a 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese (optional).
• Roll tightly and place in the previously grease pan.
• Repeat with remaining tortillas and place them side by side.
• Pour sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with more cheese if wanted.
• Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
• Serve with sour cream and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PIZZA
4 big Portobello mushroom caps
1/2 cup of shredded mixed cheese
1/2 cup of tomato pizza sauce
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Remove stem of mushroom.
• Place mushroom on baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes.
• Remove from oven and fill cup of cap with sauce and cheese.
• Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.