Do you prefer a cupcake or a cake? We're givin’ you both!
Carrot Cake Cupcake
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup shredded carrot
Greek Yogurt Frosting
1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
5 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Preheat oven to 350F and put liners in muffin tin.
• Mix all of the dry ingredients.
• Then, separately mix the carrots and liquid ingredients, and fold into the dry mixture.
• Add to muffin tin, then bake 20 minutes.
• While baking, combine all frosting ingredients.
• Allow cupcakes to cool, and then frost.
Carrot Spice Cake
15 oz. package of spice cake mix
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup of raisins
20 oz. can of crushed pineapple
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Boil 2 cups of water, then pour over shredded carrots and raisins. Let sit for 10 minutes.
• Strain carrots and raisins.
• Spread crushed pineapple at bottom of baking dish, including the juice.
• Pour carrots and raisins on top of pineapple.
• Evenly pour spice cake mix on top of carrots and raisins.
• Pour melted butter over the whole mixture.
• Place mixture in oven and bake for 35 minutes.