Less than a week after announcing his coronavirus diagnosis, Prince Charles is no longer quarantined.
“Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, the Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation,” a royal spokesperson said.
Additionally, a People source said the 71-year-old is in “good health” after isolating himself for seven days.
A seven-day quarantine is in accordance with United Kingdom government and medical guidelines.
Wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall — who tested negative for the virus — will, however, continue to live separately from Charles in case she develops any symptoms.
Despite their living arrangements, the couple “remain in good spirits,” says a People source.
“There is a sense of keeping calm and carrying on. The duchess is concerned for him but she is aware of his own good spirits and therefore is keeping a close eye on him and mindful of her own situation,” the insider said, adding. “She is upbeat.”
The heir to the throne announced his diagnosis on March 25 after exhibiting mild symptoms.
Per CNN, he was reportedly tested last Monday and received the results the next day.
Buckingham Palace confirmed that Charles last saw his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, at a public event in London on March 12.
However, the palace said last week, “Her Majesty the Queen remains in good health and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.”
For now, Charles will continue to hold meetings via phone and video conferencing from his estate in Scotland.