75-Year-Old Man Pushed by Buffalo Police Has Fractured Skull and Is Unable to Walk
Twitter

The 75-year-old man who was seen on video being pushed down by two Buffalo Police Department officers during a June protest faces grave health issues following the incident.

Per TMZ, attorney Kelly Zarcone says her client Martin Gugino suffered a fractured skull and is unable to walk after being physically attacked by the cops. He was released from the ICU last week but remains hospitalized.

Per the shocking footage, Gugino appears to talk to two of the cops during a demonstration in Niagara Square. While one policeman appears to push Gugino with his arm, another appears to use his baton.

Following the altercation, Gugino stumbles backwards and falls to the ground. As he lies on the pavement, blood is seen pouring from his ear.

Prior to acknowledging that officers “were seen on video pushing an elderly man to the ground,” the BPD reportedly initially released a statement saying Gugino “was injured when he tripped & fell.”

Despite his condition, Gugino does not want attention to be directed at him, but rather at the social issues that are prevalent in today’s political climate.

“I think it’s very unnecessary to focus on me. There are plenty of other things to think about besides me,” Gugino said in a statement released by Zarcone.

The two officers involved, Aaron Torgalski and Robert McCabe, were suspended without pay and were both charged with second-degree assault. The two man have pleaded not guilty.

A day after the June 4 incident, a total of 57 officers resigned from the emergency team in solidarity with Torgalski and McCabe.

Per John Evans, president of the Buffalo Police Benevolent Association, “Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders.”

Comments

More In Real Talk