‘The Voice’ Contestant Removed from Competition After Breaking COVID-19 Protocol
Instagram

“The Voice” contestant Ryan Gallagher has been removed from the show.

On Monday, People confirmed that the singer exited the singing competition because he broke the show’s COVID-19 protocols and can no longer participate out of an abundance of caution.

However, it is unclear how exactly the musician broke these rules.

On Monday night’s episode, host Carson Daly told viewers that Gallagher “had to exit the competition.”

While Gallagher previously told coaches that his mother had been hospitalized with the coronavirus, he reportedly told fans Monday night on Instagram Story that “everybody is fine.”

“Thank you for your concern for my family, however everybody is fine. That’s not the cause of what happened tonight on ‘The Voice.’ I didn’t drop out of the show. Details are still to come,” he was quoted as saying via Michigan Live.

As seen in a November 16 IG video, Gallagher said he recently traveled back home to Michigan from Los Angeles to visit his family.

During his blind audition, Gallagher wowed judge Kelly Clarkson with his performance of Andrea Bocelli and Céline Dion’s song “The Prayer.”

“First of all, no one in this competition can touch you. You are totally unique,” Clarkson said on the show. “I’m so excited. He sounds effortless and it sounds like a conversation from the gods.”

Comments

More In Real Talk